When your computer, software applications, or digital devices give you trouble, get expert tech support, fast.
Awards and recognition
Honors iYogi has received
Quisque mattis convallis velit, eu aliquet leo lacinia vel. Nulla eu arcu pretium, condimentum leo vitae.
BlackBerry has a new app store called the BlackBerry World that has recently launched latest BlackBerry 10 handsets like the Z10. This store is loaded with over 70,000 apps. However, as a BlackBerry 10 user, you don’t have to limit yourself to only these 70,000 apps.
You can now install Android apps on BlackBerry 10 with just a few steps. Here is how you can install Android apps on BlackBerry 10 with the help of a Mac. Users however need to keep one thing in mind. Android apps mostly work on APK file. However, BlackBerry 10 depends on .BAR file. So, when you select any particular app, simply do a Google search for an Android app followed by “.BAR”.
1. The first thing that you need to make sure is that you have installed the special BlackBerry PlayBook app on your Mac. This special BlackBerry tablet software will allow the Android apps to run. You can get this tool from Hatax. Simply unzip the file and install it on your Mac.
2. Now open the unzipped folder, then copy the files in the lib folder, and then paste them into your Playbook Tools folder.
3. You now need to make sure that BlackBerry Z10 is in the Developer mode. For this, go to the Settings menu and then open Security and Privacy and just tap Development Mode to ‘On’. Set a password and make sure you will remember it.
4. Write the “Development IP Address” from the menu under Development Mode.
5. Connect your BlackBerry Z10 to your Mac with the USB port.
6. Open Finder on your Mac and then type ‘Terminal’ and open it.
7. In terminal type ‘cd platybook_tools’ and then press the Enter key. Now you need to type ‘java –Xmx512M –jar BarDeploy.jar –installApp – device [ENTER YOUR DEVICE IP HERE] –password [ENTER YOUR PASSWORD HERE] GoogleMaps.bar. Put your IP address and password, without the brackets of course. You can replace the GoogleMaps.bar with the app you want to download.
8. Now just unplug your device and check your BlackBerry 10 for the app you just installed. You should now be ready to use this app without any issues.
Get in touch with iYogi.
Call us toll free 1 800 237 3901.
Connect to our tech experts
remotely through the Internet.
Our experts will diagnose and fix your
tech issues in no time.
Choose from one of our solutions and experience high quality support for your home or business needs. Go ahead, make the most of technology.
Call Us Toll Free Now 0 800 404 7787
No issue is too big or too small for our tech experts. With the lowest wait time and the highest resolution rate, our technicians have set high standards. Just call us and watch your problem become ours.